AMID Logo E-BAY Logo
Freight from the USA

By selecting the destination country, you begin calculating shipping costs for your international delivery. It takes minutes. No assistance is required - no waiting time. 

U.S. Shipper's Export Declaration (SED)

The U.S. Department of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requires all cargo shipping from the United States abroad to be declared in U.S. Shipper's Export Declarations on the ACE secure data portal. This requirement is mandatory. It doesn't matter whether you're exporting from the USA commercial cargo or personal effects overseas. It doesn't matter.

By obeying the U.S. Government's requirement, all carriers shipping freight from the USA stick to the term: NO DOCS-NO LOAD. This means that the presentation of required shipping documents on any cargo shipping from the USA abroad, including proof of filled SED, that is, the ACE Internal Transaction Number (ITN) or an exemption legend, must be submitted no later than 72 hours before the cargo will be released to the international shipping from the USA.

Sea freight shipments without ITN (if not exempt from filling SED) cannot be released to shipping from the USA and are subject to withholding and penalties related to lack of providing proper export documentation.

The exceptions on filling SED

However, there are exceptions to filling SED. The most common exceptions are:

With this online freight calculator, you have options for filling out an  SED.

At the time of quoting or booking your shipping, you can:

Please remember that if you request to fill SED on your behalf, you must provide us with your EIN (U.S. tax I.D.) or a copy of the shipper's foreign (not U.S.) passport, with a clear photo and the passport number. ACE does not accept U.S. passports and SSNs when filingSEDsD. Years ago, to protect the sensitive personal information of U.S. citizens, CBP stopped accepting these documents when shipping cargo out of the U.S. 

However, if you are a citizen of the United States of America but do not have an Employer Identification Number (EIN), do not worry. You can obtain the EIN for your international cargo transportation on the IRS website in almost no time. It is safe and without further obligations. Follow this link to see how easily you can get the EIN for shipping your goods from the USA overseas.


About Us  |  Contacts  |  Privacy Policy  |  Work or Partner with us  |  Affiliates  |  Customer reviews
Copyright © 2007 - 2024, A.M.I.D. ("American Multimodal International Deliveries") - AMID Logistics, LLC